The Macleay Valley Business Chamber has an exciting opportunity for interested persons to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the position of Member Development & Events Officer. To apply please email your resume and a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a great candidate for the position to email@example.com.
Submissions close at 5pm on Friday 14th September with interviews planned shortly thereafter.
Further information on the role is provided below.
MEMBER DEVELOPMENT & EVENTS OFFICER
This is a new position with the Macleay Valley Business Chamber.
Chamber is looking for a locally connected person who has a strong network throughout the community. Chamber wants to expand our networking events calendar and requires someone with good organisational skills, planning and implementation skills.
Chamber has a strong member base however we want to provide more personalised service and promotion, as well as expand the number of member businesses participating in Chamber events. The successful person will have good communication skills and a genuine ability to be persuasive and encouraging. A good understanding of our community and a genuine interest to see our economy develop, will be essential to be successful in this role.
The key focus of the Development Officer is to:
- Recruit new members to join the Chamber
- Work with existing members to renew their annual membership
- Maintain a current listing of active members and potential members
- Arrange guest speakers for monthly networking events
- Make bookings, prepare schedule, and organise monthly networking events
- Liaise regularly with Communications & Marketing Officer to maintain regular communications with members. This will include both web page listings, social media content and news.
- Provide ongoing services to members such as liaison for networking events, obtaining social media information, developing good news stories, canvassing for issues to be discussed at Chamber.
The position will be for 30 hours per month, ideally dedicating at least one day per week to Chamber business. The 30 hours include attendance at one networking event and one Executive meeting per month.
The Member Development & Events Officer will report to the Executive of the Chamber, who will nominate a direct contact on the Executive to be the supervisor.
Remuneration will be $30 per hour and the successful applicant will have their own ABN in order to contract services to the Chamber.
Office services can be available at Percival House on Macleay Valley Way on the edge of town.
The Chamber would prefer that the successful Officer lives within the Shire and has a familiarity with local businesses and can easily spend time in the key centres of the Shire.
The position will ideally begin immediately as there is a membership drive underway as part of promoting the Small Business Month calendar for September and October.
For more information, please contact Marilyn Breen on 0403 180 048 or any other member of the Executive. Our email contact is firstname.lastname@example.org