As businesses continue to struggle with COVID-19, Business NSW is encouraging those affected to take full advantage of government assistance available.
“Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, Business NSW has been working with the NSW Government to develop measures that help soften the impact on businesses and help the economy recover” said Business NSW Regional Manager, Kellon Beard.
“With applications closing on 1 June 2020, all businesses should investigate whether they are eligible to receive the $10,000 small business COVID-19 support grant available through Service NSW, Mr Beard said.
“As part of our ongoing advocacy work, Business NSW has made further representations to the NSW Government to have the $10,000 Small Business Grant extended and criteria relaxed so more heavily-impacted businesses can access the support.
“NSW needs a vibrant and prosperous business community to ensure the ongoing economic wellbeing of the State.
“As we start to see restrictions lifted, this grant may assist business to keep their doors open, purchase safety equipment and trade through these tough times.
“Getting businesses back open and people back to work is what our economy needs to recover from the COVID-19 hit”, Mr Beard said.
To be eligible for this grant, your business must:
- be based in NSW
- be registered with an ABN as at 1 March 2020
- have an annual turnover of more than $75,000
- employ 1-19 full-time workers as at 1 March 2020
- be able to report a payroll below the NSW 2019-2020 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- have been highly impacted by Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 effective on 31 March 2020
- have experienced at least 75% decline in turnover compared to the same two-week period in 2019, as a result of COVID-19 (for businesses that have been in operation for less than 12 months, refer to the guidelines)
- have unavoidable business costs not otherwise the subject of other NSW and Commonwealth Government financial assistance measures
For the full eligibility criteria and to apply, visit the Service NSW website.