The Macleay Valley Business Awards Gala Dinner, proudly presented by Coastline Credit Union, was a sensational evening with local business coming together to celebrate our business journeys over the past year.
Eighteen Awards were presented to an array of local business in acknowledgement of the good work of local business in growing the beautiful Macleay Valley.
Winners and Highly Commended Awards were presented for the Local Recognisiton Awards which were determined by both a judges score and a voting component. The remaining Awards presented on the night are aligned with the NSW Business Chamber Awards program with the Winners proceeding to the Regional Awards as finalists.
Passionate Macleay Valley business owners packed into the Slim Dusty Centre on Saturday night for the 2018 Macleay Business Awards, presented by Coastline Credit Union.
The night highlighted the successful entrepreneurs and businesses of the Macleay, with 15 different winners claiming the 18 awards on offer.
Businesses recognised ranged from homemade breweries to a recycling enterprise to an electrical refrigeration and air conditioning, to name a few.
A passion and motivation for the growth and development of the Macleay was a reoccurring theme in the speeches from the award recipients.
A vocal crowd of more than 200 people cheered and applauded the victorious businesses.
The level of excellence awards were decided by a panel of judges while a combination of judges scoring and public voting determined the local recognition winners.
Macleay Valley Business Chamber executive officer Lisa McPherson said the night was a massive success.
“On behalf of he Macleay Valley Business Chamber, we are super excited with the success of the night and the response from the community and businesses,” Ms McPherson said.
“It was a fabulous night. It’s an opportunity for local bussiness to all come together at a terrific local centre and celebrate and honour each others success.
“We really do believe all of the business who were nominated are winners.”
The following received awards on the night.
NSW Business Chamber Aligned Awards:
- Excellence in Small Business – Winner: Buddy & Me.
- Excellence in Business – Winner: Kempsey Macleay RSL Club.
- Outstanding Business Leader – Winner: Coastal Wealth Directons, Tania Powick.
- Employer of Choice – Winner: Macleay Options Inc.
- Excellence in Innovation – Winner: Buddy & Me.
- Young Employee of Year – Winner: Seabreeze Beach Hotel, Sam Stanfield.
- Start Up Superstar – Winner: Valley Electrical Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
LOCAL RECOGNITION AWARDS:
- Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality – Winner: Slim Dusty Centre Pty Ltd, Highly Commended: South West Rocks Country Club.
- Excellence in Health and Wellbeing – Winner: Kirstie’s Skinsational, Highly Commended: Mid North Coast Diagnostic Imaging.
- Excellence in Retail Service – Winner: Chaddies Newsagent & Store, Highly Commended: Central Kempsey IGA.
- Excellence in Professional Services – Winner: Coastline Credit Union, Highly Commended: Key Employment.
- Excellence in Trades – Winner: Bucket Brewery, Highly Commended: Valley Electrical Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
- Outstanding Business Achievement – Winner: Kempsey Macleay RSL Club.
The Macleay Valley Business Chamber expressed their gratitude to the community and their sponsors.
“The Slim Dusty Centre was alive with support and encouragement,” Ms McPherson said.
“It was a very positive night which showcased vibrant businesses from across the Macleay.
“Thank you to everyone who attended, to all those who nominated and won awards and to all of our sponsors who help make the night possible.”
Photos Courtesy of Alicia Fox Photography www.aliciafoxphotography.com